Baby Massage & Post-natal Yoga
From 6 weeks old
Fridays, 10:00 – 11:15am
Please book ALL in-person or Zoom classes below.
Wear loose, comfortable clothes for your own yoga.
You might want to bring your baby in his/her sleepsuit, and dress him/her afterwards (to avoid changing twice in one morning).
Bring two towels for the baby massage.
Babies lie with us while we practice post natal yoga. With particular focus on:
- Reconnecting and rediscovering your body
- Soothing the nervous system
- The pelvic floor – reconnecting, toning, strengthening, healing
- Drawing together the two rectus abdominis which can separate during pregnancy
- Restoring the body towards full core strength
- Maintaining flexibility of the spine and joints
- Releasing the shoulders and opening the chest
- Hormonal balance
- Rest and relaxation
After the yoga, we move to the baby massage part of the class, following Developmental Baby Massage: therapeutic touch techniques for supporting your baby to be stronger, healthier, and happier. This is often an intimate, bonding experience.
We finish each class with herbal tea and biscuits. Sometimes the babies will fall asleep while mothers chat.